Monday, November 12, 2012

Criticism is....GOOD!

I am sitting in class, and just got the notion to write something.

So, my professor is one of those who is QUICK to check you...test you on what you know. I am pretty confident, and this professor and I are pretty cool too. She is a Delta as well, and I really enjoy her class...MOST of the time.

Today...she got on my ass though. In front of everyone. Now, i'm not one to crumble or shy away from criticism, but damn, that was a lil rough. She basically was saying what I was saying was irrelevant to what she asked. The whole class was confused about what she was asking for, including myself.

Now, my first reaction is to be mad. Like ugh! your embarrassing me!!

But, I remember something that I have been working on in myself for awhile now. When you are criticized, just EAT IT. Do not try to get all worked up and upset about it. Everyone has their right to an opinion of you, and it's up to you to agree or disagree with it. EVERYONE judges EVERYONE. This is human nature. But what you do is, try starting to develop a self coping system for it. It is challenging, and not fun to go through. But, the more times you go through "being in the hot seat" the more opportunity to learn how to DEAL with it better.

If this was a year ago, I would've been upset and beating myself up about it. But now, I know how to deal with it.  I take it in, I think about it, and i take from it what I want.

This makes life a lot easier because you will be criticized till the day you die.

'Tis reality folks.

Until next time,

XO, Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment